Port Aransas, a city in Nueces County, Texas, with population of 3,480, is the only established town on Mustang Island. City of Port Aransas is located north of Padre Island and is well-known as one of the longest barrier islands along the Texas coast.
Port Aransas Interesting Facts
The city of Port Aransas is now a fishing, beach, and resort village, with summer populations sometimes swelling to 60,000 or more, as well as a college spring-break destination. Every year in April, Port Aransas hosts an event called Sand Fest. This event brings thousands of people to Port Aransas each year to watch sculptors build elaborate Sand Castles. There are food vendors, shopping, and live music as well. All of the money raised from the event goes to the community and local schools.
Port Aransas Weather
Port Aransas has a humid subtropical climate, with average annual rainfall of 31.92 inches. Average high temperatures in the summer months exceed 90°F, while average nighttime winter lows in January, the coldest month, are slightly less than 50 °F.
On August 25, 2017, Hurricane Harvey made landfall near the nearby city of Rockport as a dangerous Category 4 storm. The storm caused significant damage to homes and commercial buildings. Every structure needs Rolling Hurricane Shutters for extreme storm and security protection.
Here are our recommended storm shutters for Port Aransas residents.
Port Aransas Rolling Shutters
- Protects against extreme weather
- Easy to use – remote and manual
- Protects against strong winds
- Even 200+ miles an hour
- Energy savings
- Helps protect against extreme temperature
Port Aransas Accordion Shutters
- Great storm protection
- Hurricane-approved metal shutters
- For Gulf Coast Corpus Christi, Rockport
- Able to cover large areas
- Ideal for windows and balconies
- Clear views
- Interlocking system fold shutters away
- Perfect for curved areas – follows radius
Port Aransas Bahama Shutters
- Powerful storm protection
- Provide privacy / shade – even when closed
- Easy to operate from inside or outside
- Energy savings – protects against extreme temperature whether cold or hot
Port Aransas Steel Screens
- Extreme weather protection
- Prevents storm damage
- Prevents burglaries
- Screens cannot be cut with razor or crowbar
- Panic bar – allows for emergency escape
- Custom fit – can fit most shapes and sizes
- Hurricane/impact approved
Port Aransas Colonial Shutters
- Excellent protection
- Look great – metal shutters have the appearance of wood
- Clear views – when open, shutters are clear of window
- Easy to operate – bi-fold or tri-fold hinges
See our gallery of Alutech shutters and StormSafe shutters here
Port Aransas Hurricane Rated Rolling Shutters
Hurricane shutters come in all shapes and sizes in Port Aransas. Texas Storm Shutters offers a better version of the hurricane roll shutter, called Barracuda. Barracuda advanced shutter system will give you code compliant hurricane protection in small housings. In addition, the End Retention System eliminates the need for storm bars. Years of engineering and testing went into one of the most advanced roll shutters for hurricane protection on the market. The patented technology, provides a smooth, quiet operation, very small housing sizes combined with all the hurricane protection you need. The Barracuda meets and exceeds the toughest standards: TDI, IBC/FBC, and Dade County.
We are #1 for Hurricane Storm Shutters
Texas Storm Shutters is the #1 place for Hurricane Shutters, Rolling Shutters, Bahama Shutters, Bermuda Shutters, Colonial Shutters and Security Shutters. We also provide the best Hurricane Screens and Storm Screens and Shades. Proudly serving Rockport, Port Aransas, Aransas Pass and Corpus Christi areas in Texas Gulf Coast.
What To Look For In Rolling Storm Shutters
- Do they protect against extreme weather?
- Are they hurricane-approved?
- Are they easy to use – both with remote and manual?
- Do they protect against strong winds?
- Can they withstand 200+ miles an hour?
- Do they also provide energy savings?
- Can they help protect against extreme temperature?
- Are they able to cover large areas?
- Can they work for windows and balconies?
- Do they offer clear views?
- Are they enhanced with interlocking system for folding?
- Can they work in curved areas?
- Are they easy to operate from inside or outside?
- Are they aesthetically pleasing?